Home > China Guide >> China Travel Tips >> China Visa during Tours

China Visa during Tours

What is the China Visa?
Are you planning your China tour? First of all, you require a visa in advance of travel to China. A China Visa is a travel authorization required by China which is placed in your passport, is a permission issued by a Chinese Embassies or consulate which allows the passport holder to enter the country legally. An “L” Visa is issued to foreigners who come to China for travel or visiting family members.
What are types of visa?
Basically, there are four kinds of visa types:
L Visa–Tourist visa: Issued for visiting China, sightseeing, family visits or other private matters, valid for 3 months, and will permit you to stay in China for a maximum of 30 days.
F Visa–Visit visa: Issued to those coming to China to conduct business (giving a lecture, undertaking research…).
Z Visa–Work Visa: Issued for the holder to work full-time in China.
X Visa–Student visa: Issued to those coming to China to study for longer than 6 months.

Where to apply for China visa?
You need to go to the Chinese embassy or consulate in your resident country for visa application in person or use a visa service.
Step 1: search the official website of the Chinese embassy in your home country;
Step 2: prepare the personal documents for visa application;
Step 3: contact Chinese embassy;
Step 4: pay visa fee and wait for the Chinese visa.
Official visa service web: www.visaforchina.org

How to apply for Chinese tourist visa L?
According to the demands of the China visa, you need another China bound air-tickets, China Hotel confirmation, tour Confirmation letter from a local travel agency in China and so on.

How to renewal or extend visa?
If you lose your passport in China or want to extend it, please contact to the PSB (Public Security Bureau) which is the agency in charge of visa matters inside China.
PSB Add: 2 Andingmen Dongdajie, Dongcheng District, Beijing
Tel: +86 10 84020101